The Scottish Wildlife Trust advocates for positive change by setting out clear policies on key issues and responding to consultations and planning applications where necessary.
We promote wildlife-friendly policies, including:
- Helping wildlife thrive across whole landscapes and not just in small, protected ‘ghettos’
- Encouraging the people of Scotland to get out and enjoy a thriving natural environment
- Ensuring agriculture and forestry practices enhance rather than damage the environment
- Protect wildlife and habitats from damage caused by poor planning decisions
- Legislation which affords better protection for our damaged marine environment
- Promoting nature in towns and cities as well as in the wider countryside
A full list of the Scottish Wildlife Trust’s policies and responses to consultations can be found below.
Click here to read our series of Nature in Brief publications which give a top-level overview of some of Scotland’s key ecological issues.
Additional Trust publications can be found by visiting our Publications page.