Loch of the Lowes Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve covers 98 hectares near Dunkeld. From early April to late August, the star attraction is a pair of breeding ospreys, which nest just 150 metres from our observation hide.
Address: Loch of the Lowes, Dunkeld PH8 0HH
- Getting closer to the ospreys with binoculars, telescopes and live video footage
- Spotting red squirrels, woodpeckers and other woodland birds from viewing windows
- Interactive displays help bring the story of Loch of the Lowes to life
- Education activities and school visits
- Regular family events throughout the year
Gift shop stocking a range of wildlife-themed gifts, souvenirs and birdcare products
Hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available
Best time to visit?
- Mar – Nov for red squirrels
- Apr – Aug for ospreys
- May – Aug for beavers
- All year round for wildfowl
- All year round for bird feeders & deer
The Fungarth path leads from the historic town of Dunkeld to Loch of Lowes.
Find out what events are taking place at Loch of the Lowes in the coming months by clicking the button below.