Events at the nest today:
- 9.00 Nest unattended
- 9.17 Both birds back at nest, female incubating eggs, male flies off
- 9.20 to 11.19 Male and female alternating incubation
- 11.50 to 12.52 Nest left unattended some mantling seen during this time
- 13.56 Male brought 1 meter long stick to nest
- 14.32 male comes back to nest with another large stick and settles on eggs
- 15.00 male leaves nest female settles on eggs
If you have any further questions regarding our famous ospreys, please e-mail our dedicated address at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Wildlife at Loch of the Lowes:
Today the red squirrels have been very active around the visitor centre eating peanut butter and entertaining the visitors. At the feeding station there have been sightings of pheasants, great spotted woodpeckers, Robin, great tits, coal tits, blue tits, tree creeper, chaffinch, greenfinches, goldfinches, siskins, yellowhammer.
On the loch today a similar counting of birds as to the previous day. 1 Great-crested grebe, still the 3 Mute swans, same amount of swallows and sand martins
This morning, 2 fallow deer were spotted on the other side of the loch, 1 of the fallow had a pure white coat.
Volunteer assistant ranger
Help protect Scotland’s wildlife
Our work to save Scotland’s wildlife is made possible thanks to the generosity of our members and supporters.
Join today from just £3 a month to help protect the species you love.
Events at the nest today: 9.00 Nest unattended 9.17 Both birds back at nest, female incubating eggs, male flies off 9.20 to 11.19 Male and female alternating incubation 11.50 to …