We have been very lucky this year with the refurbishment of the visitor centre at Montrose Basin and it has been great to see the reaction from everyone!
The refurbishment couldn’t have been done without funding through the Heritage Lottery Fund, so this December we are saying a massive thank you to all the National Lottery Players and taking part in their ‘Thank You’ campaign.
From the 11th to the 17th of December 2017, we are offering FREE entry to the visitor centre with every National Lottery ticket; all you have to do is show us your ticket!
Even in the winter months, Montrose Basin is still an incredible place to visit. We have lots of different species of duck including wigeon, pintail, goldeneye and eider, plenty of waders; redshank, lapwing and curlew as well as daily visits from the kingfisher!
Our winter opening hours are Friday – Monday, 10.30am–4pm with the hides around the reserve open all the time.
Now for the boring bit…
Montrose Basin Visitor Centre ‘free entry’ Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for up to one family of four to Montrose Basin Visitor Centre.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The offer is valid from 11th to 17th (inclusive) December 2017. Montrose Basin Visitor Centre is open 10.30am to 4pm Friday to Monday.
- Montrose Basin Visitor Centre has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of venue reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
- National Lottery tickets must be shown at reception on entry to the visitor centre.
Louise Clark (Visitor Centre Assistant Manager)