Loch of the Lowes Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve covers 98 hectares near Dunkeld. From early April to late August, the star attraction is a pair of breeding ospreys, which nest just 150 metres from our observation hide.
Address: Loch of the Lowes, Dunkeld PH8 0HH
- Getting closer to the ospreys with binoculars, telescopes and live video footage
- Spotting red squirrels, woodpeckers and other woodland birds from viewing windows
- Interactive displays help bring the story of Loch of the Lowes to life
- Education activities and school visits
- Regular family events throughout the year
Gift shop stocking a range of wildlife-themed gifts, souvenirs and birdcare products
Hot and cold drinks and light refreshments available
Best time to visit?
- Mar – Nov for red squirrels
- Apr – Aug for ospreys
- May – Aug for beavers
- All year round for wildfowl
- All year round for bird feeders & deer
The Fungarth path leads from the historic town of Dunkeld to Loch of Lowes.