If you’ve ever wanted to be your favourite wild animal, now’s your chance. Have a go at making an animal mask using our mask templates. Whether you love ladybirds, bees or something more furry like a hare – we’ve got the mask for you.
If you don’t have a printer – why not try to copy one of our designs onto paper or card, and then follow the rest of the instructions to make your mask? It should work just as well and will have the added bonus of being completely your own.
What you will need:
- Paper or card (A4)
- Colouring crayons or pens
- A hole punch (optional)
How to make your animal mask:
- Choose one of the templates below and print it out.
- Use your colouring crayons or pens to colour it in.
- Carefully cut around the outline and the eyes – you might need a grown up’s help for the fiddly bits.
- Carefully punch out the two holes at the sides of the mask. A hole punch is helpful for this, but you could use a sharp pencil or the scissors.
- Measure a piece of string around your head, so that you get the right size.
- Tie the string between the two holes.
- Wear you mask with pride.
- Why not add a performance element to this activity by seeing if you can behave like your animal too!
Share photos of your masks using #DiscoverLearnPlay