This Halloween bird feeder is an easy and fun way to help our garden birds as the nights draw in and temperatures continue to drop.
What will you need:
- An orange
- Bird seed (substitute for raisins, mealworms etc if you have a nut allergy)
- Suet fat or lard
- Marker pen
- A skewer or pencil
How to make your spooky bird feeder:
- Cut your orange in half.
- Scoop out the orange flesh.
- Mix the lard and the seed in a bowl.
- Make a small hole near the edge of the orange and thread a piece of string through.
- Pack the orange halves with the seed mixture.
- Draw a spooky face on the orange.
- Hang outside on a tree or branch for the birds.
Watch this video to help you out:
Share photos of your spooky feeders using #DiscoverLearnPlay
This activity was created as part of our annual Halloween celebrations at