This creative and messy activity can make for a very fun afternoon in the garden! Use mud and other natural objects to give a tree a face or make a tree creature.
What you will need:
- Some mud
- Some fallen natural materials such as sticks, leaves, pinecones or ferns
- A tree – please be mindful of others when selecting your tree
How to make your tree creature:
- Find a suitable tree to decorate and prepare your mud – it will need to be a bit wet so you can mould it and stick it to the tree
- Stick your mud to the bark of the tree and mould it into the shape of a face (a person’s or an animal’s!)
- Using other natural objects that you have found on the ground, decorate the face to give it more details – sticks can become whiskers, pine cones can become eyes – let your imagination run wild
- Stand back and admire your tree creature!