As the nights draw in Edinburgh Living Landscape is asking people to share their images of seasonal change for a new photography competition.
Autumn Changes Edinburgh is open to any photograph of nature taken in the city this autumn. Entries are open until Monday 31 October.
Entries can be posted to the Edinburgh Living Landscape Facebook page or tagged #AutumnChangesEdinburgh on Twitter and Instagram.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges representing the organisations that form the partnership.
Ian MacKenzie, Living Landscape Programme Manager, Scottish Wildlife Trust said: “Autumn is an exciting period of change in nature. Sunsets are more vivid, green trees break into stunning reds and gold, and there's a colourful explosion of fungi.
“Our judges are looking for people's interpretation of the season, which could be anything from panoramic landscapes to close ups of plants and insects. It's going to be exciting to see what inspires people about the city at this time of year.”
The Edinburgh Living Landscape is a partnership project between the Scottish Wildlife Trust, City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh and Lothians Greenspace Trust, Edinburgh University, GREENSURGE and the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. It aims to bring a transformational change to the city’s urban environment.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is the Scottish Wildlife Trust (“the Promoter”) on behalf of the Edinburgh Living Landscape
- Valid entries are those photos posted to the Edinburgh Living Landscape Facebook, Instagram or on Twitter, including the hashtag #AutumnChangesEdinburgh between Monday 12 September and Monday 31 October 2016. The closing time and date for the competition is midnight 31 October 2016. The competition is open to UK residents, except employees of any party connected with the promotion.
- A maximum of three entries per social media account will be accepted. If more than three photos are entered, only the first three will be considered as entries. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted. The Edinburgh Living Landscape judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
- The winning image will feature on the Edinburgh Living Landscape Twitter and Facebook profiles. The winners and runners up will be shared on our social media channels and distributed to the media. Full credit will be given to the photographer.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes stated, and the prizes are not transferable. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. If winners are unable to take the prize for whatever reason a redraw will take place. The Edinburgh Living Landscape reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
Use of images
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder in any image submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder. Should your entry win or be a runner up, you will retain the copyright but you grant to the Promoter a free, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition. You will always receive a credit if we use your entry in any way
- If you are the winner or runner up of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- During the competition, a selection of the entries will be shared across our social media channels. The Edinburgh Living Landscape judging panel will then pick the winner and runner up
- Entry implies acceptance into these terms and conditions. The entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions. By entering, you accept to and be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The Edinburgh Living Landscape reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.