Everyone needs love on Valentine's Day! Adopt a common seal by Monday 8 February for guaranteed delivery by Sunday 14.
Here are our top five common seal facts:
- Common seals are one of the two species of seal that can be found in Scotland; the other being the grey seal.
- Common seals are smaller than grey seals and have a shorter head with a more dog-like profile.
- Common seals can dive to depths of 150m and can hold their breath underwater for more than 15 minutes.
- When diving, common seals can reduce their heart rate to just 15 beats per minute.
- A common seals diet includes fish, squid, sandeels, octopus and shrimps.
Thanks to players of People's Postcode Lottery, we are protecting seals on a number of wildlife reserves around Scotland, including Montrose Basin, Spey Bay, Loch Fleet and the Isle of Eigg.