Title: Wildlife Watch Group Leader – New Group
Closing date: Ongoing
Wildlife Watch is the junior branch of the Scottish Wildlife Trust and the Wildlife Watch Groups are a volunteer led network of over 30 children’s nature clubs, across Scotland. The groups help to get children connected to the natural world and to provide experiences that they otherwise might not have access to. If you think your local area could benefit from a nature club for children, and you would like to get involved with leading on this, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note – the completion of an application to the PVG scheme is essential for this role, due to the close work involved with young people. Successful applicants will be supported through this short process and costs will be covered by Scottish Wildlife Trust.
What we are looking for:
- An interest in wildlife
- Good organisational skills
- Enjoyment of the outdoors
- Enthusiastic about helping children and/or young people to have fun discovering wildlife
Useful but not essential
- Experience of working with children
- First aid qualified
- Experience of working or volunteering for conservation
What you will get in return:
- A chance to be part of an excellent environmental education group
- Inspire the next generation to care about wildlife and the environment
- Get out and about and experience wildlife
- An opportunity to create and lead sessions
If you are interested in this opportunity please complete the online form linked in this advert and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively if you would like to find out more, please contact Catherine Leatherland, People and Wildlife Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org.