Title: Volunteer intern, Connecting Communities to Nature
Status: Part time and fixed term 12-15 hours per week over 2-3 days until December 2021
Closing date: We will be recruiting on an ongoing basis and opportunity may be withdrawn early
Connecting Communities to Nature in Ayrshire is a three year Heritage Grant project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund/National Heritage Lottery Fund and delivered by the Scottish Wildlife Trust. It is delivering real benefits to local people and is energetically and enthusiastically led by the Ayrshire Community Engagement Officer.
We have varied opportunities for 2 x 6 month interns to get involved in the delivery of community activities such as volunteer work groups, community groups, schools and public events. You will be working closely with the Community Engagement Officer who will provide all on the job training and supervision.
What we are looking for:
- availability for 6 month period
- able to volunteer evenings and weekends where required
- confidence in communicating to the public
What you will get in return:
- a real boost to your career prospects
- the instant rewards that come from liaising and working with local communities
- real involvement with a varied programme of community engagement including practical work on nature reserves
Please send your applications to Harry Richards, Community Engagement Officer email@example.com