Title: Volunteer Grey Squirrel Control Officer (Dispatcher) – Saving Scotland’s Red Squirrels (Luncarty)
Closing date: 15/07/22
Saving Scotland’s Red Squirrels are working to deliver red squirrel conservation within the Highland Line in Tayside. We want to prevent the invasive non-native grey squirrel from replacing red squirrels north of the Highland Line. Grey squirrel control is delivered by a combination of project staff, landowners funded via the Forestry Grant Scheme, and volunteers. We are looking for volunteers living locally to the Luncarty area.
You will support existing volunteers by providing a much needed on-call dispatcher service.
Please note This role does not involve setting and checking lines of traps. You are simply required to attend traps run by volunteers in their gardens, to carry out dispatch, hence the need to live locally.
What we are looking for:
- A people-person with good communication skills
- Enthusiastic about protecting red squirrels.
- Experience of dispatching wild animals.
- Full clean driver’s licence.
- Relevant firearm/air weapon licence and experience preferred.
What you will get in return:
- Training and support, any equipment needed, and full travel expenses paid.
- Be part of an exciting local conservation project helping to save an iconic Scottish species.
Questions about the role?
Contact Ann-Marie MacMaster, Tayside Conservation Officer: email@example.com or 07739 428211