We champion specific conservation action for a number of priority species.
These animals, plants and fungi have been selected because they fall into one or more of these categories:
- Endemic species – they are found nowhere else in the world;
- Keystone species – they are capable of modifying the habitats and ecosystems they are found in;
- Indicator species – their population status tends to indicate the health of the wider habitat or ecosystem;
- Flagship species – they act as an icon for their wider habitat or ecosystem;
- Conservation action – we are taking targeted action on our wildlife reserves, or through wider partnership projects, to improve their status.