Stories are always a fun camping activity – whether you’re in the wild, your garden or camping out in your front room. To add to the atmosphere, wait until it gets dark and use a torch or the moonlight to read by. You could pick wildlife and nature stories, or just use your favourite books. If you’re feeling brave, why not add a spooky story and give everyone a good scare!
What you will need:
- A safe camp space
- A torch or camping light
- Spare batteries
How to tell your stories by torchlight:
- Gather the stories that you would like before hand.
- Bring torches and make sure you have spare batteries.
- Read your stories out loud to the rest of the group.
- You could add an element of performance, by acting out the scenes while another person reads.
- You could try to say the different characters’ words using different voices.
- Add an extra challenge, which will take effort but is very rewarding, by memorising stories or poems before your camp out. Then take it in turns to perform these.
Share your photos using #DiscoverLearnPlay