Let’s get down to ground level and be snails!
Imagine the life of a snail: where does it go when it moves round your garden, does it stop for a nibble, is it scared of the spiky rose bushes, does it have a go on your tree swing at night? Make your own snail trail with string and take the guided tour.
What Will you need:
- A space in your garden or local green space
How to make a snail trail:
- Design your route and work out where your snail trail will go.
- Use the string to map out the trail that a snail would take.
- Use labels as signposts if you wish.
- Take someone else on your snail trail or use a video camera to let people take a virtual tour from a snails perspective.
- Remember to look around once in a while to look out for overhanging branches or trip hazards. Real snails don’t have the same risks as humans do.
- Have fun being a snail!
This activity was developed as part of the Let’s Notice Nature initiative of Earn Your Stripes,
in partnership with Scottish Badgers.
Share your creations using #DiscoverLearnPlay