What better way to learn about a hedgehog and its spines, than to make one for yourself! This simple hands on activity to make a clay hedgehog is perfect for primary-aged children.
What you will need:
- Modelling clay or plasticine
- Some twigs
- Small stones
How to make your model hedgehog:
- Take a ball of modelling clay and soften it in your hands.
- Start your hedgehog by making the clay into an egg shape.
- Make one end of the egg shape pointed – this will be the hedgehog’s nose.
- Gather some small twigs (you might need to snap some in half).
- Press the twigs into the clay, vertically, to make the spines.
- Keep going until your hedgehog is covered in spines like the real thing.
- Use two small stones for the eyes and another one for the nose.
Share your photos using #DiscoverLearnPlay