There are loads of great games you can play in nature. This one will put your memory skills to the test as well as provide a hands on way to interact with natural objects. It’s a fun way to change up the family walk and can be played inside or out – all you need is a bag.
What you will need:
- An opaque bag
- An outdoor space to walk through
How to play:
- Take a walk and gather items for your game – remember to only collect fallen materials.
- At home wash the items, and wash your hands too.
- Place the items into the bag and close the bag.
- Take it in turns to feel an item in the bag. Without taking it out, describe what the item is like to the rest of the family.
- Take a guess at what the item is – pull it out of the bag and see if you were right.
- Play continues until all the items have been removed from the bag.
- The winner is the person who had the most correct guesses!
Share what’s in your nature bag using #DiscoverLearnPlay
This activity was developed as part of the Cumbernauld Living Landscape project.