In the middle of industrial Grangemouth, Jupiter is a fantastic example of how wasteland can be transformed into an urban green space that provides a rich habitat and haven for wildlife. The centre is open all year and there are lots of ideas for improving gardens for wildlife.
Address: Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre, Grangemouth FK3 8LH
Changes to visiting
We have put a few temporary changes in place to keep our staff and visitors safe:
- Visits will be limited to walks and self-led activities, including pond dipping, for the time being. We are exploring how we can restart our ranger-led events as soon as it is safe to do so.
- To allow our visitors and staff to physically distance while visiting, we may temporarily pause entry to the reserve if our visitor numbers have reached capacity. If this is the case, we will place signage at the entrance gate.
- To allow for physical distancing on our pond boardwalk we will be limiting the number of groups/families which can pond dip at one time.
- Entry to the building will be limited to essential access to our public bathroom. If possible, please “Go before you go”!
We have achieved Good to Go certification and have also implemented some new features, including:
- Increased hygiene measures, including hand sanitiser dispensers and an outdoor sink for hand washing
- Increased cleaning
- Regular wiping down of common touch surfaces
- Increased signage
- New risk assessments
- Visit an urban wildlife oasis
- Introduce children to wildlife
- A wasteland returned to nature
- Plenty of variety in a small area
- Pond dipping
Best time to visit?
- Mar to May for woodland birds
- May to Aug for wildflowers
- Aug for dragonflies & damselflies
- Sept to Oct for fungi
Our events are currently on hold due to Covid-19. Please check back soon for more information.