*Please note that Jupiter will be closed week beginning 18th October for one week due to staff leave. We will reopen as normal on Tuesday 26th October.*
Our winter opening hours are Tuesday-Friday, 09:30-16:30 (or dusk, if earlier). We will also be open on some Saturdays when we have events. To find out more about our events programme visit: Jupiter events
In the middle of industrial Grangemouth, Jupiter is a fantastic example of how wasteland can be transformed into an urban green space that provides a rich habitat and haven for wildlife. The centre is open all year and there are lots of ideas for improving gardens for wildlife.
Address: Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre, Grangemouth FK3 8LH
Changes to visiting
Entry to the building will be limited to essential access to our public bathrooms.
We have achieved Good to Go certification and have also implemented some new features, including:
- Increased hygiene measures, including hand sanitiser dispensers and an outdoor sink for hand washing
- Increased cleaning
- Regular wiping down of common touch surfaces
- Increased signage
- New risk assessments
- Visit an urban wildlife oasis
- Introduce children to wildlife
- A wasteland returned to nature
- Plenty of variety in a small area
- Pond dipping
Best time to visit?
- Mar to May for woodland birds
- May to Aug for wildflowers
- Aug for dragonflies & damselflies
- Sept to Oct for fungi
To discover our upcoming events, please visit: Jupiter Urban Wildlife Centre events