The Fankerton Bridge has been closed in the interests of public safety. There is an alternative route into Carron Glen via Herbertshire Castle Park in Dunipace.
Carron Glen is a beautiful native oak and ash woodland along a steep-sided gorge carved by the River Carron. The canopy is animated with woodland birds and the river provides prime fishing for dippers and kingfishers.
- Globeflowers and bluebells
- Dippers and kingfishers
- Warblers and other woodland birds
- Spectacular views
Best time to visit?
- Apr and May for woodland birds
- May and Jun for wildflowers
- Autumn for woodland colours
The path through the reserve provides impressive views of the gorge and ancient woodlands where rare plants such as globeflower and toothwort grow.