Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Scottish Wildlife Trust’s Photography Competition
Individuals are responsible for ensuring that they have read and understood the following terms and conditions before entering their photographs. Any entry found not to comply with the competition rules will not be considered.
- This competition is being run by the Scottish Wildlife Trust, a Scottish registered charity (charity number SC005792)and a company limited by guarantee and registered in Scotland (registered number SC040247). Registered office: Harbourside House, 110 Commercial Street, Edinburgh EH6 6NF.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to all active members of the Scottish Wildlife Trust, except for Scottish Wildlife Trust employees. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered as someone who makes more than half their annual income from photography-related work.
- Entrants can submit up to three images to the competition and will fall into one of two age categories: adult (aged 18 or over) or young person (under 18 at the time of entry to the competition).
- All entries must be made via the website: scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/photocomp. Image files should have the photographers name and the location at which the photograph was taken included in the filename. Images must be JPEG files, portrait-oriented, with a minimum of 2480x3508pixels at 300dpi, and a maximum file size of 8MB. The original files for the winning images may be requested in order to reproduce at the highest quality.
- Permitted digital adjustments include tone and contrast, cropping, burning, sharpening, dodging, noise reduction, minor cleaning work, HDR, stitched panoramas, and/or within-camera focus stacking using multiple exposure taken at the same location at the same time.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images that include an identifiable person(s) have been taken with the permission of the person(s) pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Images submitted must not have appeared in previous issues of Scottish Wildlife magazine, nor on the front covers of any other magazine.
- Copyright of all images submitted will remain with the respective entrants. However, by submitting an image, entrants agree that the image(s) may be used free of charge and in perpetuity by the Trust in Trust publications, on the Trust’s website and social media platforms, for Trust presentations, on Trust display equipment and in any other way that benefits the work of the Trust.
- All entries must be submitted by the closing date and time of 31 December 11:59PM.
- Entries will first be short-listed by a panel of Scottish Wildlife Trust staff. The short-listed entries will then be judged by: Gordon Buchanan, Mark Hamblin and Annemiek Hoogenboom who will decide the winning images in the two age categories based on an image’s composition, subject and the technical ability of the photographer to capture the image. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning images and the names of the winners will be published in Issue 100 of Scottish Wildlife magazine, due to be published in March 2020. Winners will be contacted prior to the publication of this issue.