Title: Reserves Project Officer
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £23,911 per annum
Location: Highlands & Islands Office; Tore, The Black Isle
Closing date: 29 October 2021
For over 50 years, the Scottish Wildlife Trust has worked with its members, partners and supporters in pursuit of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas for the benefit of people and wildlife. The Trust successfully champions the cause of wildlife through policy and campaigning work, demonstrates best practice through practical conservation and innovative partnerships, and inspires people to take positive action through its education and engagement activities.
Working with a Reserves Manager, the successful candidate will plan, implement and oversee reserve work with contractors and volunteers. They will organise and deliver a range of tasks including footpath maintenance, fencing, forestry, habitat management and deer control.
- Assess conservation land management options across a range of habitats and work with the Reserves Manager to produce management plans/statements for these properties and report on activity on them.
- Plan, and deliver practical reserve conservation and maintenance work in accordance with management plans/statements, including working with contractors and volunteers.
- Liaise with communities and partners to develop and deliver conservation plans and the resulting operations.
- Assist with the preparation of contract documentation for reserve maintenance work and supervise contractors.
- Carry out a programme of wildlife and habitat monitoring across selected properties.
The preferred candidate will have excellent organisational and leadership skills, enthusiasm and flexibility. The role requires the ability to work with a range of partners including landowners and rural communities to develop and implement habitat and access tasks in demanding and rugged environments.
To apply, please complete an application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
Interview date TBC.