A few of you have emailed recently regarding three main issues: buffering times, the webcam image appearing “stretched” and the overall graininess of the picture. Whilst we are unable to get back to diagnose problems on an individual basis due to the very large number of webcam viewers, we value your feedback as it helps us to monitor any glitches and continue to work on providing the best quality service for the largest number of people. You may find the following information useful:
- With Loch of the Lowes being a significant distance from the nearest telephone exchange, we are somewhat limited in terms of offering viewers a true “HD” experience on the webcam. Whilst we are looking into possible improvements in this area, we are (at present) unable to entirely overcome this geographical disadvantage.
- The “Join now” button that some people have asked about is not part of the video stream itself and as such has no effect on the overall quality of the picture.
- If you are having trouble loading the webcam, we would recommend downloading Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ For users with old computers that cannot download the latest version, the following site might be useful: http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php
- If you are viewing the webcam on a tablet or on your mobile phone, you may have experienced difficulties viewing the page. These should now have been resolved – however, if these issues persist please let us know.
- Technical issues can sometimes involve a large number of people not only from Loch of the Lowes, but from our IT department, outside technical company and our dedicated volunteers all striving together to resolve matters, however these technical issue take time to troubleshoot and resolve and your patience during these times is appreciated.
Rest assured that we are doing everything we can, alongside our wider conservation efforts at Loch of the Lowes, to deliver the best possible experience for the largest number of webcam viewers. Your support and goodwill at this time is much appreciated.
The team at Loch of the Lowes
Help protect Scotland’s wildlife
Our work to save Scotland’s wildlife is made possible thanks to the generosity of our members and supporters.
Join today from just £3 a month to help protect the species you love.
A few of you have emailed recently regarding three main issues: buffering times, the webcam image appearing “stretched” and the overall graininess of the picture. Whilst we are unable to …